Explore the Outdoors Festival Comes to Live Oak Landing
10th annual event enables children to learn about the environment through family-friendly activities
Walton Outdoors will be hosting its 10th annual Explore the Outdoors Festival on Saturday, Oct. 19. The fun-filled family event will be held from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the waterfront location of Live Oak Landing Outdoor Destination in Freeport.
The day is geared toward engaging children on the wonders of exploring nature and the outdoor experience. Hands-on activities will include fishing, kayaking, wildlife, archery, interactive educational exhibits, giveaways and more.
The event is free for all ages. The water activities are geared for children 6 and up. Food will be available for purchase from Black Creek Café. Free on-site parking is available.
“What makes this festival unique is all of the exhibits and activities engage children in learning while they’re having fun,” says Lori Ceier, founder of the event.
Activities and exhibits include:
- Learn to fish on Black Creek with fishing pros
• Florida Fish and Wildlife fresh water fishing exhibit
• Fish Florida fishing rod/reel giveaways
• Freshwater fishing education with Florida Fish and Wildlife
• Boating with Wounded Warrior Fishing and Backwater Tours
• Birding with the Choctawhatchee Audubon Society
• Wildlife exhibit with Florida Fish and Wildlife
• Topsail Hill Preserve State Park exhibit
• Eden Gardens State Park exhibit
• Northwest Florida Astronomy Club stargazing
• Choctawhatchee Basin Alliance touch tank
• Smokey the Bear and his friends from Forestry
• Florida Sea Grant exhibit
• Freeport Town Planters Society crafts
• Beekeeping exhibit with Jeff Chesser
• Walton County Master Gardeners activity
• Crafts with Glendale Memorial Nature Preserve
• Nonie’s Ark Animal Encounters
• Florida Public Archaeology exhibit
• Emerald Coast Wildlife Refuge exhibit
• Florida Trail exhibit
• South Walton County Mosquito Control exhibit
• North Walton Fire and Rescue exhibit
Walton Outdoors is the online source for outdoor adventure in Walton County and Northwest Florida. Its mission is to “share great spaces, to explore the outdoors and to educate our readers on the wonders of nature.”
For more information, email email@example.com or call (850) 267-2064.