17 Life Scenarios You've Most Likely Experienced
Do you have moments to share from your life’s ups and downs?
Whether it be your business or personal life, there are situations and experiences that often occur that can either bring a chuckle and smile to your face or a disappointed frown.
After running through the many such experiences that have passed through my swing zone, I did a poll of friends and associates who added many more. You may not relate to them all, however my bet would be that as you read most of them a name or situation will immediately flash across your personal radar screen.
- That one song that brings you back to the happiest, or maybe the saddest, time of your life.
- That pair of shoes you cannot part with because they are just so darn comfortable.
- That one red ant colony that you’ve spent $50 on to eradicate with “guaranteed” products — only to find the red posse raised its mound in another inconvenient location.
- That neighbor who is always happy to feed the cat or water the plants — and is the first one over if you need help.
- The packrat neighbors have four or six cars, a boat and a garage that are stacked floor to ceiling with “stuff.” They barely take care of the yard and just don’t get that it’s a “neighbor”hood.
- That board member on the homeowners’ association that has made it his or her life’s mission to hold every homeowner up to the fine print of every covenant of the HOA handbook.
- The friend who always just accepts you for who you are, no matter what.
- The family member that, if they weren’t directly connected to you by DNA or marriage, you would have nothing to do with.
- The TV ad featuring a used car dealer that is screaming at you. Do they really think the majority of viewers have a single digit IQ and would buy a car from this guy?
- A first-time meeting with one of your kid’s friends that your sixth sense says is destined for nothing but trouble, yet the child’s parents think he or she walks on water.
- That one traffic light you pass through nearly every day that is red 99 percent of the time.
- That one postman, police officer or waste management worker who does something nice and unexpected that affect your life.
- That one gas station you pull into that never has receipt paper and the flow of gas to your tank runs at the speed of a melting glacier.
- That friend or couple who when you are out to dinner suddenly develops arm paralysis when the server presents the check to the table. Or, better yet, you’ve had them over for dinner or parties for years and they have never reciprocated.
- That friend who you have not seen in years but when you do, you start to talk and it suddenly seems like yesteryear.
- You are standing by the casket at the funeral home and someone says, “Doesn’t she look good?” And you think, “She’s dead and looks awful,” but don’t say it.
- You’re in the salad bar line and the person in front of you inspects every leaf of lettuce and associated condiment while building their Taj Mahal as the line backs up.