Emerald Coast Theatre Company presents 10 ‘Dramatic’ Holiday Gift Ideas
‘Tis the season of giving and Emerald Coast Theatre Company (ECTC) has ten “dramatic” ways to stuff the stockings of everyone on your list.
Miramar Beach, Fla. (Nov. 30, 2020) — ‘Tis the season of giving and Emerald Coast Theatre Company (ECTC) has ten “dramatic” ways to stuff the stockings of everyone on your list.
1. Give the gift of live theater. ECTC presents Charles Dickens’ beloved classic tale, A Christmas Carol Friday, Dec. 4 through Sunday, Dec. 20. Performances are Friday, Saturday and Sunday at 7:30 p.m. with 2 p.m. Sunday matinees Dec. 6, 13 and 20. This production is staged at ECTCs performance space located upstairs at 560 Grand Boulevard in Grand Boulevard at Sandestin in Miramar Beach. Come enjoy a Coastal White Christmas at the Boulevard sparkling in white lights and awash in festive music. Tickets are $32 per person for adults, $30 for seniors/military and $28 for students. Purchase tickets online at www.emeraldcoasttheatre.org.
2. For the music lover in your life. ECTC’s two performances of Christmas Cabaret on the Boulevard will be Tuesday, Dec. 8 and 15 at 7:30 p.m. on ECTC’s Second Stage at its upstairs performance space at 560 Grand Boulevard. Mix, mingle, and enjoy live musical selections performed by talented performers from the cast of A Christmas Carol, ECTC Education’s Musical Theatre Cabaret Class, and a very exciting addition — renown pianist Tom LaDow — who is sure to create holiday cheer with pre-show Jazzy Christmas tunes and a delightful accompaniment to the vocalists. Tickets are $22 per person for adults; $20 for seniors/military; $18 students. Purchase tickets online at www.emeraldcoasttheatre.org.
3. The gift of a story. Theater is about the art of storytelling and ECTC has four great storytelling performances that will be a sure cure for the wintertime blues. Three Palaces at Yalta a world premier by Bruce Collier (Jan. 12 & Feb. 9); Give ‘Em Hell Harry starring Alan Tuttle (Jan. 26); Katharine Hepburn starring Shirley Simpson (Feb. 23). Purchase tickets online at www.emeraldcoasttheatre.org. Tickets are $32 per person for adults, $30 for seniors/military and $28 for students.
4. ECTC Gift Cards are a great way to give “creative options” for all ages. Purchase online in any amount that suits your budget. ECTC gift cards are good for theater tickets to the Mainstage productions, Education performances, children’s workshops and camps, ECTC brand merchandise and even beverages at the lobby bar. Just click “Gift Card” on the ECTC website home page.
5. The Giving Tree is the gift that pays it forward. Donate $100 or more toward ECTC’s Capital Campaign and your name (or a name you designate) will be added to the sparkling Giving Tree glass art painting by award-winning Destin artist Mary Hong. Your generous donation will be on full display in ECTC’s lobby for all to appreciate. Go to www.EmeraldCoastTheatre.org, click “Support Us” on the homepage and then follow the link to the “Capital Campaign.”
6. ECTC “swag.” Deck them out in ECTC brand merchandise such as the traditional black t-shirt design, ($20); ECTC navy Tribe t-shirts, ($20); and new this year, the popular ECTC gray hoodie ($30). (While supplies last.) Purchase in person at the ECTC box office at 560 Grand Boulevard before or after performances. For more information, email email@example.com.
7. Honorable mention. Say ‘I love you’ with a meaningful donation to a great cause. Donate to ECTC in honor of someone you love, or have loved. Visit the ECTC website and follow the prompts.
8. For the creative in your life. The Paul Londe Education and Scholarship Fund was founded in honor of a dear man who was an avid arts advocate and encouraged his loved ones to follow their creative dreams. ECTC provides scholarship funds to select young thespians in need. To donate to this program, visit EmeraldCoastTheatre.org, click on “Education” tab and then “Scholarship” in the drop down menu.
9. Text-to-Give. Don’t grab another gadget, check off the tech-lover in your life with a simple text message. Text “ECTC” to 56651 and follow the prompts to make an electronic donation.
10. Put a song in their hearts. The ECTC holiday carolers will be performing live in the locations below. Each performance is free and open to the public. Come gather with the ones you love and you will surely leave with your hearts lifted.
- Destin Commons, Destin – 1-3 p.m. on Dec. 5, 13, 19 & 20
- Main Street, DeFuniak Springs – 4-7 p.m. on Dec. 5, 12 & 13
- Grand Boulevard Town Center, Miramar Beach – 5-7 p.m. on Dec. 4, 5, 11, 12, 18 & 19
“We wish everyone a safe and joyous holiday season. As Ebenezer Scrooge says, we hope you honour Christmas in your heart and try to keep it all year,” says ECTC producing artistic director Nathanael Fisher.
To make a tax-deductible donation, volunteer or learn more about Emerald Coast Theatre Company, find them on Facebook, call (850) 684-0323 and visit www.emeraldcoasttheatre.org.
ABOUT EMERALD COAST THEATRE COMPANY
Emerald Coast Theatre Company is a 501(c)(3) founded in 2012 by Nathanael Fisher, MFA, and his wife, Anna Fisher. Based in Miramar Beach, Florida, ECTC’s mission is to enrich and entertain the Emerald Coast community through professional and educational theater. ECTC operates year-round with a two-fold mission to provide both educational and professional offerings to the Northwest Florida community. Educational outreach includes after school and home-school programs, touring and staged productions, summer camps, workshops and classes. The professional theater efforts are focused on thought provoking productions, festivals and collaborations as well as acting and improv workshops and classes for adults.