Best of Emerald Coast Rules
To preserve the integrity of the voting process, the following contest rules must be observed in order to cast a ballot and ensure it is included in the voting tabulation process:
- Voting for 2023 Best of Emerald Coast honors will take place online starting April 2023.
- All votes must be for locally owned Emerald Coast area businesses. Locally owned and operated companies are defined as the owner or managing partner living in the Emerald Coast area or within a 30-mile radius of the Emerald Coast.
- No incentives, prizes, goods or services may be offered in exchange for votes.
- Ballots must be submitted by April 30, 2023, at 11:59 P.M.
- Each vote must be submitted by one verified email address. (The spirit of voting is one vote per person.)
- Obvious attempts at ballot stuffing or cheating will be disqualified.
- The business must offer the product or service the category states as “best”, otherwise that business will be disqualified from winning that category. A business can win the “Best” award in no more than two categories. If a business is the leading vote-getter in more than two categories, that business will win only the “Best” award for the two categories in which it received the most votes.
- Any winning business must be in good standing with Rowland Publishing, Inc. and still in operation by the date of the results printed in the magazine to be promoted as a “Best of” winner.
Once ballots are counted, all tabulations are final.
Best of Emerald Coast FAQs
Each year, Emerald Coast Magazine celebrates over a hundred businesses throughout our community that have been singled out by our readers as the best of the best. We have always been transparent about this yearly survey and how it works, but for those who might be new to the process, here are the answers to some of the more commonly asked questions about “Best of.”
How are Emerald Coast Magazine’s “Best Of” winners selected?
The readers of Emerald Coast Magazine choose the winners. Readers will be asked to visit emeraldcoastmagazine.com/bestofec/ to complete the ballot by April 30. Votes arriving after the deadline are not counted. Refer to the rules listed above.
Who counts the votes and decides the winner?
Emerald Coast Magazine contracts with a third party to count the votes and determine the winner.
Do you have to buy an ad in the magazine to win?
Absolutely not. Our winners include advertisers as well as non-advertisers.
Can someone “stuff” the ballot box?
No. Only ballots submitted via one verified email address are accepted. The software rejects faux email addresses. The spirit of voting is one vote per person.
Who is eligible?
The readers decide whom they want to honor. Locally owned and operated companies are defined as such: the owner or managing partner living in Bay County through Escambia County or within a 30 mile radius of the Emerald Coast area.
How are the categories decided?
The categories are revisited each year, and we welcome reader suggestions.
What do “Best of” winners get?
Winners earn the prestige of being selected by a majority of our readers. They also get a listing in the magazine, usage of the “Best” logo for a year, discounted advertising rates, an award to showcase in their establishment, an invitation to the exclusive Best of the Emerald Coast Winner’s Soiré.
Results are published annually on this website and in the October/November issue of Emerald Coast Magazine. Have questions about Best of the Emerald Coast or interested in sponsorship opportunities? Contact McKenzie Burleigh for more information.